Tuesday 15 October 2013

Top Five - Blink-182 Songs


Welcome to another idea I had for my blog where I want to regularly pick a random subject which could be based on anything from films to food. I will then rate my personal top five favourite things from the chosen subject. Not the most original idea I know but I think that a top ten list gives you all the information you need and letting you know more of my opinions. So lets begin!

Number 5: All the small things
Possibly the most well know blink song, especially to an audience who are not huge fans of the band. From the album 'Enema of the State', All the small things has a great chorus, my favourite lines of the song being 'say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home.' However the song only makes number 5 on my list as I believe that the popularity with non-blink fans makes for some terrible covers, the worst I've heard being by Jedward...saying it all really!

Number 4: Carousel
A huge favourite comes in at number 4. Carousel is an immense Blink-182 song, proved by taking the spot of the first song on the Greatest Hits album. The intro to the song starts the song perfectly with no vocals involved until after a minute of amazing instrumentals. However I personally prefer the vocals in many other songs. This is just my personal preference though and I still love carousel!


Number 3: Up all night
One of the newer blink songs from their latest album 'Neighbourhoods' is up all night. Although I do prefer most of the bands older music to this album there are exceptions, up all night being one of them. In my opinion it is unlike any other song blink have produced as of yet and when I saw them live in Manchester during June last year the bands performance of this particular song stud out as one of the highlights of the set.

Number 2: The party song
This extremely fast paced really wakes you up, it definitely livens me up when my iPod shuffles onto it. Despite the tempo of the party song it is possible to still hear the words though, an important quality in any song obviously. My one problem with this otherwise great song? It's too short!! At just over two minutes length the song seems to be over seconds after it begins, usually making me skip back to the start to listen to the whole thing again!

And finally.....

Number 1: Aliens exist
A song by Blink-182 about aliens! What could be bad about it? The answer is nothing, the band got everything spot on in aliens exist. I especially love the dialect in Tom Delongue's voice in this particular song and it really seems to suit the lyrics. The background music is also epic and when everything comes together it makes a brilliant song.



No comments:

Post a Comment