Thursday 7 November 2013

My opinions on...The Walking Dead

With the 4th series of one of my favourite television shows starting a couple of weeks back I thought I'd say how impressed I am with the start of what might be the best season yet! Personally the first series is still my favourite, watching the group band together, connecting with many of the characters and then painstakingly watching them die one by one. When I started watching the second series I expected great things and although the show was definitely still worth a watch it was not up to scratch with the excellent standard that had already been set. It was just more of the same as season 1, killing walkers. Although this was great for the first season, by the second season you need a new formula or else every episode is the same. However I did love the final episode and I was shocked with some of the events that occurred. It left many questions in my mind and I couldn't wait for season 3. Finally there was change as we were introduced to The Governer! The perfect villain for a great season and the return of Merle, a character that you'd almost forgotten about but had stuck somewhere in the back of your mind. After opening episodes giving information on both sides Rick and The Governer finally meet and although it is an undramatic episode the tension is immense. Although I was slightly disappointed with the final episode of the season I understand why there couldn't be a huge shoot out in order to lead to yet another season.
Now four episodes into the fourth season I am loving The Walking Dead as much as ever, as the group faces a new problem, disease! After being introduced to several new characters we lose almost as many almost straight away. With the disease spreading a cure must be found before it is too late. I honestly cannot wait for a new episode each week.
I think what I love most about the show is the development of each character. Daryl is a great example of this, starting off as just a 'dumb, violent redneck' it doesn't take long for him to start appreciating the group and doing all he can to help them. On the other hand characters such as Carol go the complete opposite direction, learning how to deal with walkers and becoming one of the group weapons with the most knowledge of weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment